Fulfilment By Flipkart: A Comprehensive Guide for Sellers
- What is Fulfilment By Flipkart?
- Target Audience for Flipkart Fulfillment: Is It Right for You?
- Simple Steps to Register for Fulfilment By Flipkart
- Decoding the Mechanics: How Flipkart Fulfillment Works
- Effortless Consignment Creation with Flipkart Fulfillment
- Launching Your Products on Flipkart.com: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Navigating Flipkart Fulfillment Inventory: A User’s Manual
Today, aggregator eCommerce platforms aspire to become a one-stop shop for sellers and customers. Flipkart offers more than 3000 categories to sellers, from electronics and fashion wear to jewellery, toys and much more. With over 45 crore Flipkart customers, sellers get a large base and broad reach to promote and sell their products.
To start with, sellers have to list their products on the platform by creating a detailed page with images, descriptions, captions, pricing, etc., to give the products visibility and attract customers. According to the eCommerce giant, providing precise and complete information about the products increases the visibility by 15% on Flipkart’s platform.
Once your products have visibility, they are bound to drive sales, and you may soon receive orders. Flipkart has come up with the option of ‘Fulfilment by Flipkart (FBF)’ to ensure secure packaging and safe and reliable delivery to your customers.
You’ll find a comprehensive view of the Fulfilment By Flipkart service in this article to help you understand it better.
What is Fulfilment By Flipkart?
The eCommerce wizard offers an end-to-end fulfillment solution to its sellers with the Fulfilment By Flipkart option. The company handles the complete process from storing, packing, shipping, and delivering your products to the end user. Besides managing and executing the whole fulfillment process for the sellers opting for Fulfilment By Flipkart, they also take care of the logistics to give you a hassle-free experience.
They offer the following under this fulfillment option:
- Pick up of products from the seller’s location to Flipkart Warehouse
- Efficient order processing
- Warehouse space for storage
- Quicker delivery to customers
- End-to-end handling of customer returns
- Rigorous quality inspection regularly
- High-quality and secure packaging materials
- Recommendations for quality selection
Besides these advantages, Flipkart also offers sellers availing the Fulfilment By Flipkart
option a FAssured badge. This badge works like a trust seal from Flipkart that emphasises more reliability and faster delivery. It provides more visibility and added benefits to your products, such as extra quality checks and assured speedy delivery within 2-4 business days.
Target Audience for Flipkart Fulfillment: Is It Right for You?
The target audience of Fulfilment By Flipkart spans the following segments of sellers:
- This service serves you well if you’re a business with no warehouse or storage facility or need a warehouse in the economic hubs.
- Fulfilment By Flipkart also caters to businesses that have arrangements for B2B shipments in place but lack the potential to deliver B2C shipments daily.
- Additionally, this facility helps businesses that need a faster turnaround time of 1-2 business days for shipping products.
Simple Steps to Register for Fulfilment By Flipkart
Fulfilment By Flipkart is an additional service offered to existing sellers registered on the shopping platform. Currently, Flipkart is extending this service on an invite-only basis. The company gauges a newly registered or existing seller’s performance over some time and then accordingly reaches out to top sellers eligible for this service.
However, you can contact Flipkart representatives to express your interest in Fulfilment By Flipkart service or clarify any queries.
Here is the series of simple steps you need to take to register for the service:
- Sign up and list your products on the platform as a seller
- Request the Fulfilment By Flipkart service through your account and await approval.
- Upon receiving approval from Flipkart, register for the Fulfilment By Flipkart service. Clarify if you need their fulfillment center as a principal or additional business facility.
- Create consignments of products you want to send to the fulfillment center
- Send the selected products to the fulfillment facility
- Once Flipkart receives the consignment, they will run quality checks and store the products on passing the examinations.
- As you get new orders, Flipkart will pack and ship them to your customers.
- You will receive payment per the pre-defined Flipkart cycle, seven days after the order’s dispatch.
Decoding the Mechanics: How Flipkart Fulfillment Works
Flipkart fulfillment integrates many fulfillment operations that provide a complete solution to the seller. Let’s explore how it works:
- Flipkart stores your products at the nearest warehouse to ensure proximity to potential buyers and deliver orders swiftly.
- The Flipkart team meticulously packs and prepares your products for shipment when an order materialises.
- Flipkart then safely ships and quickly delivers your products to the buyer’s doorstep.
- They charge a relevant FBF fee for providing the service
- The company representatives deftly manage customer returns and order-related queries, completing the full circle of customer experience.
Effortless Consignment Creation with Flipkart Fulfillment
It’s a simple and quick process of creating a consignment to ship to the fulfillment centre:
- Firstly, you need to log in to your Flipkart seller account. Then, select the inventory tab and click ‘Consignment’.
- After clicking consignment, select a warehouse where you want to ship the consignment.
- As you’ve confirmed the warehouse location, click the ‘Create Consignment’ option to add items to the list.
- A list will show up, where you can add the products to the list by clicking ‘Add to Consignment’.
- If you need to add bulk items, click the ‘Use Bulk Auction’ button next to the ‘Create Consignment’ button.
- You’ll have the consignment ready after following the above steps. Now, you can schedule the consignment.
- Click on the quality check button, and ensure you follow the quality check guidelines. Select an address from the ‘Select Address’ tab and choose a date and time by clicking the ‘Schedule’ tab to schedule the consignment.
- As soon as your consignment reaches the fulfillment facility, it undergoes quality checks by Flipkart. Post-matching the quality standards, Flipkart stores your products.
- When the process is complete, the products become visible on the platform. The entire process takes around seven days to finish.
Launching Your Products on Flipkart.com: A Step-by-Step Guide
Flipkart boasts that sellers on its platform witness an average 2.8 times hike in their growth, 2.3 times more visibility, and up to 5 times more increase in their sales in the Big Billion Days Sale.
It’s pretty effortless to launch your products on Flipkart’s website with these simple steps:
- Start by creating a seller account. Visit www.seller.flipkart.com and click “Start Selling” or the ‘Become a Seller’ button on the official Flipkart website. You can create your seller account on Flipkart in under ten minutes with a valid GSTIN number, bank details, and address.
- As you see a pop-up asking for your mobile number, enter the number and provide the one-time password (OTP) you receive.
- Next, enter your email address after verifying your OTP.
- Select the category you want to sell under. You can choose between ‘All categories’ and ‘Only Books’. If you opt for ‘All Categories’, a GSTIN number is mandatory, whereas for ‘Only Books’, you require a PAN number.
- Create a password, fill out your full name, and tap ‘Continue’.
- After completing the above step, you’ll land at the ‘Onboarding dashboard’.
- Add your e-signature. Flipkart uses it on the invoice copy.
- Mention your Store and Pickup details by adding your ‘Full Name’, ‘Store Name’, ‘Store Description’, and ‘Pincode’. Then, hit the ‘Save’ button.
- Then, update your bank details. It’s vital to note that the account name must match your registered GSTIN, and your bank details must be the same as that linked to the GST number. However, Bank account details are optional to go live. But they are necessary for receiving payments.
- Lastly, create a new listing through the ‘Go to Listing’ tab and click the ‘List your own products’ option. You can even register as a seller on Flipkart with only one product.
Please download and use this guide to learn more about the image specifications and other details for launching your products on Flipkart.com.
Navigating Flipkart Fulfillment Inventory: A User’s Manual
You can check the status of your Flipkart fulfillment inventory through your seller account. There may be some items Flipkart deems unsellable and others available to sell. Here’s how you can navigate the Flipkart Fulfillment inventory:
- Tap on the ‘Inventory’ tab on your dashboard.
- Click the ‘All inventory’ button. A list of your products will show.
- Now, any item marked as FAssured is available in the fulfillment Centre. The FAssured badge confirms its presence in Flipkart’s fulfillment facility.
Based on the analysis and markings, you may withdraw the slow-moving or unsellable products from the fulfillment Center.
How to Recall Products from Flipkart Fulfillment Warehouse?
In cases where you would like to move items marked as unsellable by Flipkart or those unable to sell fast back to your warehouse, Flipkart offers the ‘recall’ option.
To recall the slow-moving or unsellable products, you can:
- Open the Seller Panel
- Access the ‘Inventory’ tab
- click on the ‘All Inventory’ button
- Use the Bulk Recall dropdown
- Then download the ‘Bulk Recall File.’
- Fill in the file details
- Finally, upload the Bulk Recall File.
Sellers on the popular shopping destination ‘Flipkart’ have many advantages and get to have better and prompter sales. Flipkart adds to the seller and end customer experience with its expertise and strategies, such as introducing Fulfilment By Flipkart. With access to the dynamic Fulfilment By Flipkart (FBF) service, sellers can focus on other activities, as Flipkart takes care of the end-to-end fulfillment process. This includes everything from storage, packing, and shipping to delivering the products safely in high-quality, secure packaging materials to buyers. Businesses can enhance their customer experience with faster and more reliable delivery through the invite-only FBF facility. Sellers can avail of this by improving their overall performance on the platform.
Flipkart retailers can cancel orders, provided they adhere to Flipkart’s cancellation policies. Cancellations are possible within a specific time frame and with valid reasons, such as stock unavailability or pricing errors. Retailers must communicate transparently with customers, use Flipkart’s designated channels for cancellations. They should be aware of potential penalties for excessive cancellations or non-compliance with platform guidelines.
Yes, under the Fulfilment By Flipkart service, Flipkart offers to handle a seller’s entire fulfillment process in-house. In contrast, with Self Ship Fulfillment, retailers opt to fulfill orders themselves or partner with a 3PL fulfillment company.
Flipkart offers a marketplace Integration facility that enables 3PL services to integrate their WMS with a Flipkart seller account. It allows them to manage complete offloading and automate the entire order process. It further assists in assembling orders and inventory details from numerous platforms in one place.